Dr. Moosa bin Shamsher, popularly known as the ‘Prince’, conceived of the idea of DATCO right after the birth of Bangladesh. The early 1970’s was a time when the nation was suffering from all forms of economic depravations. Amidst turmoil and famine, the nation needed succor and the then Prime Minister of Bangladesh, and the father of the nation, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman called on the best and the brightest young entrepreneurs in the nation to help emancipate his populace.
It was with the support and encouragement of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, that in 1974 DATCO was officially born, and with that Dr. Moosa bin Shamsher founded the manpower export industry in Bangladesh.
Over a span of almost five decades, we have been instrumental in creating the global success story of Bangladesh. Today the country is climbing ever so rapidly towards achieving a middle-income nation status, and much of that credit is owed to the manpower export industry, which exists because of us.
Since the 1970s we have paved the way for global expansion of Bangladesh’s manpower export industry, and have opened up numerous new markets, starting with the Middle East in the 1970’s, South Korea, other East Asian nations, and North Africa in the 1980’s, and Europe in the early 2000’s. Not only have we been a harbinger of economic success for the nation and its people, we have also continually innovated and created benchmarks of service in the manpower export industry.
We have always maintained the highest standards in dealing with both foreign employers and local recruits and have successfully upheld our reputation for being the standard of excellence in the manpower export industry for almost half a century. Our story is very much the story of the manpower industry in Bangladesh, and we are proud of that honor.
A HISTORY OF SUCCESS(تاريخ من النجاح)
- (✓) Founded the manpower export industry.
- (✓) Opened Middle East countries for manpower export from Bangladesh, including Qatar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc.
- أسس صناعة تصدير الأيدي العاملة
- فتح دول الشرق الأوسط لتصدير القوى العاملة من بنغلاديش ، بما في ذلك قطر والمملكة العربية السعودية والإمارات العربية المتحدة ، إلخ
- (✓) Formulated and helped created the association of manpower exporters BAIRA.
- (✓) Opened North African nations like Libya, and East Asian nations like South Korea for manpower export from Bangladesh.
- صاغت وساعدت في إنشاء رابطة مصدري القوى العاملة بايرا (جمعية بنغلاديش لوكالات الاستقدام)
- افتتحت دول شمال إفريقيا مثل ليبيا ، ودول شرق آسيا مثل كوريا الجنوبية لتصدير القوى العاملة من بنغلاديش
- (✓) Recorded highest foreign currency inflow (as remittance) five years in a row by Bangladesh Bank (country’s central bank)
- تم تسجيل أعلى تدفق للعملات الأجنبية (كتحويلات) لمدة خمس سنوات متتالية من قبل بنك بنغلاديش (البنك المركزي للبلد)
- (✓) Opened Italy for skilled manpower export from Bangladesh.
- (✓) Opened East European countries for skilled manpower export from Bangladesh.
- فتح إيطاليا لتصدير القوى العاملة الماهرة من بنغلاديش
- فتح دول أوروبا الشرقية لتصدير القوى العاملة الماهرة من بنغلاديش